Day 5

Today I am thankful for other people's perspectives.

I have truly learned in the last few years that life is about perspectives. There is no one way to do things or look at things or even to remember things. Everybody looks at life through their own perspective and the way 2 people look at or remember the same situation can be so totally different.

Anyways yesterday I hosted a potluck lunch at my house for my MOMS club, 4 woman and their kids showed up and we had a blast. We started talking about giving "the talk" to our kids, sex, marriage, relationships. What age you should start and how different things are from when we grew up. My friend Kayla-Sue gave some examples of how she talks to her sons about sex and marriage and I thought they were wonderful. It was very moralistic, without being at all preachy or even religious. I just thought that was such a neat perspective to have when talking to your kids.

So thank you to all the wonderful people in my life that are willing to share their own perspectives on things, which in turn broadens my own perspective.

Comments

Meegan said…
Boy, I left before that conversation started! I don't think my kids are quite ready for it, but when that day comes, yikes!

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week