Day 16

Today I am thankful for Christmas goodies.

I signed up to do 2 different cookie exchanges, the 1st was tonight and the 2nd one is in the morning. I decided to make rocky road, since it is fairly easy and no one else is making it, also it is my husband's favorite goodie. I needed to make about 72 pieces for each exchange, so I ended up making 5 batches of it.

Tonight there were 10 of us at the exchange and 2 others who had dropped stuff off. It was nice spending time visiting with friends and snacking away, also my friend Laurie makes the best St Nick's (even though a few others thought they were to strong, mine was fabulous). I ended up getting 11 new goodies to take home. I can't wait till tomorrow to see what else I get.

Some of my fondest memories of Christmas's when I was little revolve around the goodies, (including the year I got banned from the goodies 3 days before Christmas). It is nice to have such a variety of goodies without going through the hassle of making 10-15 different types. With what I got tonight, what I will get tomorrow and what my mom will make it will be a Very Merry Christmas around here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week