Day 17

Today I am thankful for traditions. We moved around a lot when I was growing up, but no matter how many places we lived in my mom was good at always keeping up traditions.

I suppose this time of year more than any other makes us think of traditions. Some of the traditions we had when I was growing up were: goodies at Xmas (see day 16), especially sugar cookies that my mom would individually decorate, we would read "Jest for Christmas I'm as good as I can be." We would go out for Chinese food for New Year's eve, we would always go see the fireworks show where ever we were. My mom always made us homemade birthday cakes that she decorated to go with our theme and for everything there were pictures, pictures and more pictures.

I hope my son will look back from his adulthood and remember all the traditions that make our lives special. Like stockings on Christmas eve, and Christmas brunch, pictures every year for his birthday, going to Seattle for Halloween every year and I'm sure many other things along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week