Day 15

Today I am thankful for Western Medicine.

If you know me at all you know I am not a big user of western medicine. Our family's primary Dr. is a Chiropractor, we all get adjustment and take supplements and Bug and I rarely take medicine. Anyways after my massage & adjustment today I was just getting into my car when I got a call from the school saying Bug was sick with a fever and a headache and needed to be picked up.

When I got there he was obviously sick and started crying as soon as he saw me. So I asked him if he wanted to go to a medical Dr. or go see Dr. Bond (our Chiropractor), he said a medical Dr. So we headed off to our local urgent care clinic, on the way he started telling me his neck hurt when he swallowed, so I had a pretty good guess of what they would decide. We got there and they took his temp and did the throat swab and put us in a room. Where he proceeded to lay on the table with a blanket on and a cold towel on his head. The Dr. came in and confirmed what I had suspected, he has strep throat. So we got our Rx and headed over to have it filled. I was a little nervous since this is his very 1st time ever taking antibiotics.

He has now had his 1st dose and seems to be tolerating it well (it bothers both his father & brother's stomach's). So in 10 days we will have a perfectly healthy Bug again. So thanks to western medicine for being there when you need it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week