Off to Africa

Very early today my hubby Blue, headed to Africa, for his first mission trip He is going with MOVE, (Men Of Vision Evangelize), the the village of Mare in Guinea Africa to build a church. There is already a group of Christians there, but they have no church to worship in, so MOVE is going to build them one.

Blue will be gone 19 days, leaving me at home with 3 children, our son Bug, our daughter Sweetpea and our foster daughter Story. It should be an interesting time. I have had lots of people saying "if you need anything while he's gone, give us a call." I am not good about asking for help, so I will most likely not call any of these people and had told my hubby this before he left so he said "I know that. So I told everyone if they want to help, they need to just show up on our door and say 'what can I do?'" I loved it, it made me feel so special to know that he knew me well enough to let people know this for me.

We have not been apart for this length of time for over 9 years. The last time was when his mother was in a car accident back in '03 and he spent about 2 and a half months (with a few quick trips home) up in Alaska, to help her and his sister out. It should be interesting to see, who misses who the most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

Aahhh, calm at last...(somewhat)