My poor Bug

My poor little Bug, as I mentioned in an earlier post Bug was diagnosed with strep throat last Monday and got his 1st ever Rx for antibiotics. Well today when he and his buddy were getting dressed (he had his best friend E over for a sleepover) he kept saying he was itchy, but I didn't think that much of it. Later on he was still scratching his leg complaining about his mosquito bites, and I just figure he must have gotten a spider bite. So then we headed out to see the Tale of Despereaux and as he was getting out of the car I went to help him put on his jacket and noticed spots all over his neck. Come to find out the reason he was so itchy was he had some sort of rash everywhere.

So I went over to Rite Aid to see what the pharmacist had to say and he said a possible allergic reaction to his meds. So I called the Dr and they said to give him Benadryl and bring him in after the movie and watch him for breathing issues in the meantime.

So after the movie we headed over to the local urgent care clinic and they checked him over and decided to treat it as an allergic reaction. So they gave him a shot of Epinephrine, which apparently is a very painful shot, like a really bad bee sting. You know its not going to be good when they bring in the big male nurse to hold him down while the female nurse gives him the shot. Poor Bug cried and cried, then we had to sit in the room and they came in every 10 minutes to see how he was doing. After 30 minutes or so we got to head home with 2 new Rx's one of Benadryl for the spots and itchiness and a new antibiotic. All the way home Bug kept saying, I am always sick, why am I always sick. This from a kid who is rarely ever sick.

Poor thing, he took an oatmeal bath and went to bed even spottier than before. We'll have to see how he feels in the morning.
So today I guess I am most thankful that it was just spots and nothing worse. God willing he will be healthy and spot free very soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week