Happy Birthday to me.

Well today (technically yesterday) was my 35th birthday. I can't believe I'm 35, that is officially old to me. I ended up having a pretty nice day. Though going into it I was feeling pretty bummed. Originally my mom was supposed to take me out for a girls day of shopping and lunch with my cousin Jamie, but she found out she had to work. Then Don was supposed to take me out to dinner, but he had to go to the fire dept. So I started out the day with nothing to do.

So Bug and I went to Adventure Kids (the school age playgroup) for our MOMS club, it was nice to hang out and visit with friends, around noon we headed over to a local restaurant that gives you a free steak dinner on your birthday and Don met us there. The lunch was good and Don gave me my birthday present, a new ipod Nano. I have been really wanting an ipod so was very excited to get this. I can't wait to learn how to download music into it.

After lunch Don headed back to work and we went to my friend Brenda's to visit for awhile, she gave me a nice gift. It is one of those lights that look like a candle but have a flickering led light in them. It should match really well with the new color that I am (actually her husband Bryan is) painting my massage room at work. Then Bug and I went to Maggie Moos for some birthday ice cream.

After we got home I worked on the new bedroom until dinner and then Bug took me out to Mustard Seed for dinner. Don had given him the money to take me out. So at the end of the meal Bug got the check, I told him about tips and we figured out how much he needed to pay and how to do it and he took care of it. I'm sure the waited thought I was crazy, but Bug did a good job and you could tell he was proud of himself for being the man.

So as you can see I ended up having a very nice day. One of the nicest things about today,was that my facebook goes straight to my cell phone and so throughout the day I got nice birthday wishes from many of my friends. Definitely made the day go that much better.

Comments

Meegan said…
So glad that your birthday turned out good!

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week