Bye-bye K

My niece K headed back home today. I will miss having her around it was a great visit. We didn't do to much this week. Bug had swimming lessons all this week in the afternoons, so that had priority over other activities.

On Tue we had our MOMS club end of the year picnic. at a park right by my house. This picnic was wonderful, very well organised, lots of food, nice thank you gifts for the coordinator and the retiring president gave us all really cute pens with the MOMS club logo on it. K had a good time eating and tanning, I got to visit with Brenda and the rest of my MOMS club friends and my Bug and her Bug got to run around and play together.

On Wed, Bug went to a play date for most of the day and then Don picked him up and took him to swim lessons. K stayed home by herself the whole day, just laying around in bed, playing on the computer and texting her friends. I didn't get off work until late and when I got home and asked Don about dinner, he said he had sent his friend Kent to pick up something for him and Bug. I asked him what about me and K and he said he figured we didn't want any. So I went downstairs and got K and her and I went out to Subway for dinner together. It was nice to sit and chat just the two of us.

On Thur I took K and Bug to the downtown park to ride on the rides and play miniature golf (something fun for K's last day), I had to head to work at 12;30 so Don met us down there and hung out with the kids. Then after the kids were done Don dropped K off at my work so she could get her eyebrows waxed and have her toenail fixed (she stubbed it and damaged her french pedicure). Also the shirts that we made at the play date on Mon didn't turn out well, so we had bought some stuff to try them again and K got to Tie-dye a new shirt for her and 1 each for Bug and her younger sister and brother, plus one extra. That kept her busy until I got done working.

Anissa got in around 9 that night, she brought John (K's dad) and his two kids A & J over with her. A had wanted to come with Anissa when she came over, just to check it out over here, so they decided to make a quick little trip of it for them both. Their (A & D's) mother died in May at the age of 34, obviously quite a shock for everyone, but especially for the kids. So it was nice for them to come over and check out new things, it helps keep their minds from dwelling too much on it.

So we all visited and looked at pictures together last night until I headed to bed, (they are all night owls). I got up this morning with Bug and got him busy with his morning chores including math and writing lessons and he was all done and ready to play by the time the kids got up. Bug and D played on the Wii together for a bit and then spent some time playing around outside. They got stuff loaded up and headed out around 11:30, Anissa had an appt with our cousin Jamie to have permanent makeup done. She had like mine and wanted to get it done, so I am exchanging with Jamie for Anissa, (I know I'm such a sweet sister). Actually I just wanted to see if she could withstand the pain. She must have done pretty well, they looked good when they stopped back by to pick up a few forgotten items and to say one last good bye.

On a final note I was very impressed with Bug's swimming lessons this week. he took private lessons with a lady that I have been hearing about since we moved over here is '04 and finally was able to get in this summer for 1 of the 2 weeks she is doing lessons. Bug swam the entire time, which is saying a lot because if you had asked me last week if he could swim I would have told you no. I loved it, the class is going the whole time, their is not a lot of downtime like there is with most lessons. The class that Bug was in was a little more advanced then he was but i think that was a good thing since he tends to go to the lowest common denominator and since that was him it motivated him to work a little harder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week