Our Break in excitement.

Last night we had a break in of sorts around here. The boys stayed here last night before heading home this morning.

So around 1:15 am my husband heard knocking at the door and the door bell ring. He figured maybe the boys went for a middle of the night burger run and locked themselves out, so he got up to answer the door. Instead of the boys standing there, it was a girl asking for Alyssa, (the teenager who used to live next door). My husband explained that she didn't live around here anymore and told the girl to go home.

He comes back to bed but he's laying there and thinks he hears something so he gets up to investigate, but doesn't see anything so he lays back down. Well this happens 2-3 more times and on the 4th time he rushes back into our room to get his cell phone and says "she's in the car". Well this gets my attention so I get up to find out what's going on.

I come into the kitchen and he's on the phone with 911 and I look out the window but I don't see anything, so I am listening to him and the next thing I know, the dome light in my car flicks on and then off again. Now I can see her, she is sitting in my car rifling through all of my stuff. So about the time that Don gets off the phone with 911 she hops out and I tell him there is no way you are going to let her just walk away with whatever she grabbed from my car.

So he goes out to lightly confront her and she has the owners manual to my car and a coupon in her hand. He gets those from her and she starts asking him for a ride down town in various ways. He of course tells her no, but she is so drunk or high that she just keeps on asking. So he tells her to leave and I run over to the car and check through it real quick, lock it up and check my truck and lock it up. I tell Don she didn't get into the truck. So I head in to take my stuff from the truck inside and he follows her around the front of our house and watches her walk straight into the vacant house next door (where Alyssa used to live). So he calls 911 again to tell them she's in the house next door.

About that time the cops show up so I come back out to see what is up and they can't find her. So Don tells me to check the backyard. I notice that the next door's garage is wide open with all the lights on so I look in there for her, but can't find her, so I go back to my yard. Don asks if I have seen her and when I tell him No he heads back up front to talk to the cops. While I am standing there I look over to our next, next door neighbors house and see someone walking along there fence.

So I head towards the alley way to see if it's her and there she is, so I yell over to her "hey, I found someone to give you a ride downtown". So she comes back over to where I am thanking me and trying to get in my car again, so I get Don's attention and tell her to follow him, he starts leading her out to where the cop cars are and she asks him "Hey, is that your cop car", he tells her "no, I'll show you who it belongs to" and walks her right over to the cops.

About this time her brother and father show up (they saw the cop cars and thought that they should stop, in case it was her). The cops start asking her questions and she proceeds to deny everything, she wasn't in my car, she wasn't in the neighbors house, etc. They ended up calling the lady who owns the house next door and go through the house to find, that the girl must have spent some time in the house. All the lights were on, she lit a candle downstairs, doors were opened and things had been gone through. After all was said and done both Don and the lady declined to press charges and the girl got to go home with her father (not my choice).

After we made breakfast the this morning and told the boys about them sleeping through our break in, I hopped in my truck to run some errands and realized that she had gone through my truck, but luckily she hadn't taken anything. As I was driving away, I saw my next, next door neighbors and remembered that I had seen her over by their fence so I stopped to tell her what had happened. She said she had wondered, apparently her mom had spent the night and forgot to lock the doors of her Geo and when she got up this morning, she found a plastic drawer, with screws, and handles and other odds and ends sitting on her driver side seat, so apparently the girl had gotten in her vehicle also.

In the end we found out the girl was just 15, sad state of affairs with some of our youth today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week