Happy 7th Birthday Bug

Bug and his fellow pirates "Arrggg Matey"

We have been celebrating Bug's birthday week, since Mon. I love birthdays and never feel like a single day is enough so we draw the festivities out for a week, with little things. So on Mon Bug and I went out and lunch at Red Robin and got his free kids meal and they sang him happy birthday, then Tue we met Don at the Spaghetti factory for dinner and Bug's free birthday meal and they sang him happy birthday, on Wed I had to work so Bug hung out with daddy all day. Then on Thur I took the day off and we went to Silverwood Theme park for the day. Also Bug got his big birthday gift that day, a new Netbook. He has been using Don's old laptop for the last year and has been asking for something newer, that worked a little quicker. On Friday, his actual birthday I had to work again, so he went and spent the day running around with Uncle Martin and then had his 1st football practice in the evening. It was so cute to see him running around out there. It is flag football and they were all having a heck of a time figuring out how to grab each others flags. After that we met up with Cheryl so that E & G could spend the night and come to the party with us on Sat.
Bug and his cake. Nice 'stache huh?

So on Saturday we had his birthday party at the local Children's Museum, it was a pirate theme as you can see from the pictures. Everything went well except, that I had it in my head that the party started at 2, so I planned ahead and had everything ready so we could head out the door at 1:00, especially since I was bringing 5 of the boys with me. So we get all loaded up and head out on time and everything and I get a call from my friend Meegan asking me if I had gotten a new baby and I'm all confused saying "no, why?" And she says "well we were all just wondering why your not here" and I said "the party doesn't start till 2" and she tells me "all of the invitations say 1." Oh well so much for best laid plans. So I had to round up all the kids once I got there, but other than that the party went great. We ended up with 15 kids total, 12 boys and 3 girls. After the party we dropped off all the boys that we had, his friend S from church back to his house, E & G and his other friend R back to Mike and R's mom Rachelle.
Then I went and dropped him and mom off at home and ran over and picked up some thank you cards. When I got home Bug opened one of his presents. I decided this year that we would open them at home, that way he can write his thank you cards right after he opens it. We usually struggle with getting him to write his cards, so this way he has to write the card before he is allowed to open the next gift. That way it is self motivating. He only opened two presents last night, but he got the card written the quickest I have ever seen him. After that we watched Mary Poppins for movie night. Bug hadn't seen it before i think it is now his new favorite movie.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week