WOW Weekend at WHO Convention.

What a fabulous, insightful, inspiring & educational weekend I had. My mom, Bug and I headed over to Seattle Thur eve and got in around 11 and headed right to bed so that I could get up early and head to the Washington Homeschoolers Organization (WHO) convention at the Puyallup Fairgrounds. This 2 day convention is just what I have been needing, I listened to some great speakers.

I went to one lady twice, she did 2 different talks about Internet safety and kids. It wasn't the typical stuff you hear either about keeping computers in public places and different filters. She talked about passwords and safe online names, what info criminals can figure out by looking at your online photos and the info that agencies and other sites give out about you. It was very informative and I definitely won't look at things the same when I am on the computer. Another interesting speaker talked about traveling the world with kids, affordably.

The vendors were also wonderful with lots of selections and variety and pretty decent prices for the most part. I picked Bug up a new science kit for next year, some games to help with addition and subtraction, a new unit study lap book and some free curriculum from this financial place. Apparently they are non profit and have to use that money to give back to the community, so they have developed some curriculum that they distribute for free. I can't wait to get it and try it.

I'm also really excited about this lap book/unit study. I have been wanting to try something like this but just haven't taken the time to gather stuff up and get it all ready. This kit has all the stuff you need to do most of the projects and stuff.

We have been working on getting more organized with our schooling this summer and really working on Bug's writing and math, so hopefully by next fall we will be a well organized machine. I can hope at least.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week