Dazed and Confused in ...... Long Beach?

Well we are on our vacation, with only a minor hiccup to start us off. I have been saying all along that we would be in Ocean Shores, so we headed out about 8:45 yesterday morning and decided to stop and do a little shopping and kill some time in North Bend, since you can't check into the condo until 4:00. So we hung out, had lunch and did a little shopping then got back on the road. We got to Aberdeen a little after 4 and decided to do our grocery shopping there figuring it would be cheaper than in Ocean Shores, headed out around 5 and got to the condo around 5:30 or so. I run in to get us checked in and the woman says "Oh, did someone check in for you already?" and I say No, so she says "Bob and Melissa?" and I say no, Don and Alyson, so she tells me she can't find us and asks for our confirmation, so I jump on the computer to get the email with the confirmation # and show it to her and she says "Um this happens all the time, but you are not booked here, you are booked in Long Beach." Well if you know anything about the WA coastline you know that from Aberdeen you head out one peninsula to get to Ocean Shores or you continue down the coast line and out a different peninsula to get to Long Beach.

So at this point we have groceries that have been in the truck for about 40 min, we are hungry and just wasted a 35 min drive out this peninsula. Don is furious with me, so I get him somewhat calmed down, we head to the local grocery store and pick up the biggest cooler they have, load it with all the groceries, fill it with ice and head over to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner. By the end of Don's (25.00) crab dinner he was calmed down and ready to get back on the road.

So we head back to Aberdeen and get on 101 South and continue down the coast, after about an hour I call the place that the lady said we were staying to let them know that we were running late, and they tell me "we don't have you booked here." I tell them "don't tell me that, the lady said that is where we are booked" and am now getting ready to cry. The lady tells me it's OK because there is another Worldmark just down the road and that is probably where we are supposed to be, so she gives me their #.

It's a good thing she did, because after finding out that yes that is where we are booked, I got directions to the condo. There is no way I would have ever found this place without explicit directions. So we got in about 9:30 after almost 13 hours on the road. The condo is nice, not as nice as some of the Worldmark locations, but better than most hotels. Unfortunately it isn't right on the beach like the place I thought we were staying, but it does have an indoor pool and hot tub, which was Don's # 1 requirement so he didn't kill me off after all.

This morning we headed out to the ocean and played in the sand and played Beach Ball w/ Bug. We are now resting and will go try out the pool this afternoon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week