Bunco, 2 year olds and a 1st Recital

Friday night was Bunco night, I love Bunco night, it's always so much fun to get together with all my girlfriends and eat, talk and play Bunco. I have finally mellowed out about the whole game. I have been the Bunco Nazi for too long, since I am so competitive. I don't even feel the constant compulsion to keep the score. Of course everyone is so used to me keeping the score that they hand me the score book anyways.

Then on Sunday I had my 1st day co-teaching the 2 year old Sunday school class at church. It was very interesting and giving me something new to think about with the whole adoption thing. For the record Little girls are very different from little boys. The class had 3 boys and around 5 girls any time one of the little girls would do something all the others would join in, a good example is one of the girls was hiding behind the chair next thing you know all 5 girls are hiding in a space big enough for 2, on the other hand the 3 boys were spread out throughout the room, wondering what on earth the girls were doing. This heard mentality happened time and again, I think if any of them had been potty trained we would have had the whole gaggle in the bathroom each time one of them needed to pee.

After church we went and met Don at his long Sunday layover, next time we will bring lunch but today we just hung out. After wards we ran home so Bug could change his clothes and pick up Grandma and headed over to his 1st piano recital. It was very cute, the kids all did well and it didn't last to long. Bug because he was both the youngest student and also the newest got to go 1st he played Old McDonald had a song, 1st by himself and then as a duet with his teacher. Unfortunately the battery in our video camera died at the end of his solo, so I missed the duet. At least I got the solo.

His teacher explained what he was to do and warned him that he might get nervous. And he said "I won't get nervous, I once thought I'd be nervous when I did Annie but when I got on stage I remembered that I knew what I'm supposed to do," the little stinker did fine and when we asked him afterwards if he had been nervous, he assured us he hadn't.

Oh and on an odd note, I guess the short film that he did last fall somehow ended up on TV. A friend of mine came up to me at church and said she saw us both on TV at 1st I figured she just meant his commercial, so I mentioned that I am not in it. And she said no it was some movie or show about a boy that wants to be a Dr. when he grows up. Which is exactly what the Last Letter is about. I asked her where she saw it, but she couldn't remember. I'll have to see if I can get in touch with the kid that made it and see if he knew it was showing on TV locally. If anybody else happens to see it, please let me know which channel you see it on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week