A monumental day.

It's funny how an ordinary day can turn into a monumental one, without a moments notice. I am thrilled to announce that my son officially became a Christian today.

I guess I should back up a little though and explain. In our church we believe to become a Christian you have to say a prayer that admits your sins, and accepts God as your Lord and Savior who died on the cross, to take away our sins, was buried and resurrected 3 day later and now sits in heaven with God. (I am sure I am oversimplifying it). You then invite God into your heart and become part of God's family.

So I was driving Bug home to get his stuff for his soccer game and out of the blue he says something like "I wish I could be in God's family" and I told him you can make that choice any time you like. And he said "no, because I am not baptized". So I explained to him that we didn't believe in baptism 1st. We believe that you become part of God's family and the baptism is just a symbol or celebration of joining God's family. So he says "OK let's do it right now," well I start hemming and hawing trying to remember how they say it at church and suggested to him why don't we say the prayer when they say it at church tomorrow and he says "no lets say it right now." So I asked him a few questions to make sure that he understood everything and he had all the right answers, which he did. So I came up with a prayer that covered all the points that I remember Pastor Terry talking about at church and Bug and I said it together. It was such an emotional experience and Bug is so excited about now being an official member of God's family. He also can't wait for his baptism.

Comments

Meegan said…
That's exciting news! It sounds like you did a great job of making sure he understood it all, too. Way to go!

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week