Bug's last game.

Bug had his last game of the basketball season today. It was the funniest game I have ever been to. Bug loves basketball, but he is a pretty spacey kid, so his idea of playing is to dance around the court while the game goes on. Needless to say he rarely gets the ball, since the other boys have figured out its not a great idea to pass it to him, unless you want the other team to get it. Usually if he does get the ball, it's after the other team has scored a point and then he dribbles it down court to where the other team is waiting and then passes it off to one of his teammates.

Well today he was playing as usual and I guess the ref decided he needed some help. SO when Bug got the ball the ref stood in front of him and encouraged him all the way down the court, down to the other basket. He kept the kids from both teams from getting in his way and made them move so he could shoot it, when he missed the basket the ref grabbed the ball and gave it back to him for another shot, he did this like 3 more times before one of the other kids got the ball and took off back down the court. I about cried I was laughing so hard. But apparently that wasn't enough for the ref, so a little later in the game when Bug got the ball again he did the same thing but when Bug continued to miss the shot the ref picked him up and let him slam dunk the ball. It was priceless. Bug was so thrilled to have gotten a basket and be the only one to slam dunk.

I of course will always remember that Ref's kindness to my son. Bug on the other hand being the boy that he is always thinks of others. So when I asked him what he was thinking about while he was playing he answered "good sportsmanship, remember when my friend got hurt (one of his team mates got knocked down during the game) I made sure he was OK and patted him on the shoulder." As a reward he earned a white star today for 'Christ-like behavior'. Gotta love that little Bug.

Comments

Uberly Ewe said…
That is priceless. I love reading about this. I know you told me about it but it is fun to read it too. Bug is just a great kiddo!

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week