Bye-bye Guineas

It's official, I am the world's meanest mom!

I have been frustrated for some time about Bug's lack of interest in the Guineas. We always have to remind him to feed and water them, he never takes them out to play with and rarely ever talks to them. After finding them completely without water numerous times, I kept warning him that I would get rid of them. So about a week ago I decided I had had it with them and listed them on Craig's list. I had been in contact with a couple people but nothing serious until today. So this girl and her parents drove in to town today to get them. I hadn't told Bug yet since I wasn't sure what would happen, so when they called to say they were on their way, I figured I had better tell him.
So as we drove home I told him that they were going to a new home and oh boy did the tears start to flow. I think all in all I handled it pretty well. When we got home I asked him if he wanted to take them out to say goodbye and he said "yes". So we got them out, put them on a towel and he visited and petted them. He helped me find all of the Guineas stuff and gathered it for the new owners. He alternated between crying and asking questions.


Here is a pic of him saying his tearful goodbye's.
The new owners were great. I told them that it was a bit more emotional than I thought it would be and they came in and let Bug introduce them to the boys and tell them all the things they liked. They then told him about their place and that they grew their own veggies and had their own apple trees, both of which the guineas would love. The girl that got them even brought a thank you card for Bug that she had made, with a picture of the boys that she had drawn on the front. By the time they left he seemed to be feeling OK about it, but I'm sure I will be hearing about them for the next few years.

Comments

Uberly Ewe said…
oh my...that picture just makes me feel so sad.

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week