What a busy weekend

After successfully avoiding my cleaning chores all day on Thur, then heading out to do a couple of massages Thur eve. I grabbed a frapuccino on the way home at 9:45 at night and got inspired to do a little cleaning. I then proceeded to clean my house until around 4:30 Friday morning (yes that does mean the AM). About 4:00 am I started to run out of steam but I had managed, to clean the kitchen including sweeping and mopping the floors, clean and sweep the dining and living rooms, clean and mop the bathroom. Here is the real kicker I also cleaned and organized both my bedroom and the office. Anyone who has seen our office at it's worst knows what an accomplishment this was. Oh I also got all the laundry done.

I went to bed around 5:00 and was woken up by Blue about 9 AM (about 4 hrs of sleep). Which is why I missed garage saleing on Friday. We then hosted play date on Fri, I had changed the time from 10 to 1 but since I hadn't heard back from everybody we had to be around at both those times in case anyone showed up. We had a couple gals show up at 1:00 and had a very nice but messy play date. (Picture sand play mixed w/ pool time multiplied by 5 kids and you'll get a pretty good picture.) Then Cole had swimming lessons at the Y at 4:30, then we ran a couple errands and got back just about time for me to head to Bunco. (Yea Bunco!) By the time I crawled into bed I was pretty tired.

Sat you have already heard about and yes I did get down and get the rec room cleaned up. Of course the boys went down and destroyed it again today. A mom's work is never done. Today we had E until around 2:00 of course with people stopping by throughout the day to claim their new toys, (Yea garage sales!) A trip to Costco followed by a nice blessing from God.

I guess I better explain about that last comment. As most of you know my husband is not a christian, but my son and I are, and regularly go to church and such. At 1st my husband was very supportive of this, but a couple months ago he became less supportive, started rolling his eyes when Cole or I mentioned church or Jesus and other things like that. Well in small group about 3 weeks ago I brought this up to the group and asked them to pray that Jesus would soften Blue's heart and make him less critical. Well God graciously answered our prayers. Tonight when we got back from Costco we started talking about what to do for dinner. Blue said we would have to hurry if we were planning on going to church. As I mentioned it had been a long weekend so I said we wouldn't go tonight. Well he piped right up with " You guys should go, I will go out with my buddy and grab some dinner with him." Silly me I was still on the fence so God used his usual helper when it comes to me, (also know as my son). Who said "but mommy I want to go to church to learn more new stuff" (God bless him) and my husband jumped right in with "you guys should really go" No further push needed Cole and I headed off to church.

And of course tonight's sermon was about servicing the Lord in His convenience and time not ours. OK God you of course made your point so I signed right up to help in the children's ministry, something I have been on the fence about for awhile. Thank God for good bursts of wind to knock people off their fences.

Here's wishing you a nice strong breeze to knock you off any fences that you are sitting on! Good night and God bless.

Comments

Uberly Ewe said…
You are crazy girl! Cleaning your home until 4:00am?!!! I know how it goes sometimes when you start a project and then just have the motivation to keep going and going and going. I usually do this with my blog reading and surfing, not cleaning. LOL!!!
And that is so great how supportive your hubby has been lately. It really has got to mean a lot. God really does answer prayers. How fun working in the Children's Ministry. I would love to hear about what this is going to be about.

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week