Things I love

THUNDER STORMS, I just love these, they always bring back strong, wonderful memories of childhood. I remember sitting on my grandmother's porch in Montana watching the rain coming in. It came in like a sheet and you could literally just watch it make it's way across the sky, see it hit the neighbors across the street, cross the street, come up the lawn and then we would make a mad dash into the house as it started to come on the porch. Or when we lived in Texas I remember sitting on the porch roasting marshmallows and counting between the thunder and lightning, listening to the storm come closer, at 1st it's 5 or 6, then down to 2 or 3. One time we were counting out and just as we said 1 there was a huge clap of thunder that sent all of us kids screaming into the house.

You may not know this but in Texas (at least in the El Paso area) they don't have street drains. The water just puddles up wherever there is a dip until it flows down into ditches that carry it to the Rio Grande (which is not very grand as it flows through El Paso). So after a big storm you could literally swim in the parking lots. Looking back of course this is disgusting but we loved it when we were littler.

It's amazing how certain things bring up such strong memories for people. Mine is always water, along with the memories mentioned above I also remember swimming in the river at my grandmothers house, going to "French Town" pond as a little girl and spending time out at the ocean throughout my teen years. Water has always had an extremely calming affect on me. If life is really getting me down I can always just go visit a local lake or especially a river (I love moving water especially) and I instantly feel better. Calmer and more in tuned with the world. Not all of my memories of water are positive, I am lucky I didn't drown a few different times. But even those memories are somehow comforting to me. Luckily God even watches over the idiots, because I certainly was one.

I hope you all get to spend time doing the things you love. Have a good night and God bless.

Comments

Uberly Ewe said…
Funny how Storms bring happy memories but for me mine are rather scary. I will have to blog about it too. Last night there was a huge thunder crash that caused me to scream. It was so loud!

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week