Happy Easter/ Happy Spring

We have had a fun weekend around here. My mom's birthday was on Thur, so my sister and I surprised her with her and my niece and nephew coming for a visit, starting Friday night. My mom was so happy and surprised that she cried. She told me today it was the best present she could have asked for her birthday.

Yesterday Bug and I celebrated spring by going egg hunting. We started at Yokes (a local grocery store) at 8am and then went to one at a local park at 10 where it rained, it was fun but luckily very quick. Then we headed to our favorite egg hunt at the church where Bug used to go to Montessori when he was little. They always have a ton of eggs and are well organized. We met my friend Brenda and her husband and kids there. Bug got a ton of eggs, won a cake in the cake walk and got 3 prizes. Then we headed home to go out to lunch with mom, Anissa and the kids. After lunch they decided to head out for a scenic drive, so Bug and I went to our friend Meegan's Church Easter celebration. We missed their egg hunt but Bug had fun bouncing in the bounce house, getting his face painted, and getting balloons and candy from the clown. Then we headed to our CPA to sign our tax forms (more on this later) and went home to get dinner for everyone. We had a nice birthday dinner for mom with our guests plus, my uncle Martin and cousin Jamie.

After dinner Bug and I headed out to one last egg hunt, a flashlight one that is put on by the local parks and rec. I forgot a flashlight this year and it seemed much darker than usual. Also they expanded the search area by 3-4 times what it usually is. It took us a full hour to find all the eggs and we had Brenda, my friend Cheryl and her friend Bree and her husband there and we all looked for each others kids eggs. It was a ton of fun, when we got back we had cake and Bug headed off to bed.

Oh an extra note about my trip to the CPA we ended up getting fabulous news, we had not been paying taxes on the income I have made this year, because in the past I have always worked somewhere else and payed taxes there, so we just weren't in the habit. Anyways we have been very worried about how much we were going to owe in taxes figuring it would be at least a couple thousand dollars, but after all was said and done our wonderful, super duper fabulous CPA ended up actually getting us a refund, it's not much of course but anything is better than owing. I love that man!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week