Schedules and homeschooling.

For my church home school group meeting for this month, the theme is schedules and organization. So the chore was to write down your ideal schedule and then to write down what your actual schedule was. It was a great exercise for me to do.

I have in my head what I would like my schedule to be like, but of course my real schedule is absolutely nothing like what it in my head. I am not a scheduled person, I swear I wake up everyday thinking "what should we do today". So unless I have something concrete on my schedule, we just pretty much follow my whimsy, which can change several times throughout the day.

The nice thing about writing out the schedule was getting a better picture of how much learning Bug does that isn't sit down and do a lesson type learning. Those that worry about home-schoolers and social skills don't have to worry about my boy since quite a bit of what we did fits in the category of 'social skills'.

It should be interesting at the meeting tomorrow to see if I am in the majority or the minority, with my lack of a real schedule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week