Double Moms night outs.

This was a very busy weekend. On Friday we had our MOMS club MNO at one of those make your own meals to take home places. There ended up being only 3 of us there but it was still fun. I really enjoyed the place it is called Cena and is owned by a young couple who go really out of their way to make you feel comfortable and make sure you have everything you need. I ended up making 6 different meals: 2 salmon meals, chicken enchiladas, sticky orange chicken, stir fry beef, crock pot brown sugar chicken and a sour cream lime chicken meal. Everything was easy to make and looks like it will taste delicious, I will have to let you know how they are as we get around to eating them.

On Sat I went to a ladies night out with the gals that left MOMS club, they have started a new group to have one MNO a month and one kids activity a month. I invited my friends Cheryl (mike's wife) and Brenda to go to with us. We went to Martguerita night at Polka Dot Pottery, you get unlimited drinks, chips w/ 7 layer dip, veggies and m & m's, while you paint your piece. There was 11 of us there so of course it was a blast.

I ended up making a wall hanging for Easter. I promised myself before I went, that I wouldn't make anything for Bug because that is generally what I do. I have made him a plaque for his room that says his name and has a firetruck, a moon shaped bank, a cross shaped box to celebrate his baptism and a celebration plate for him to use on special occasions. So this time I decided to make something for me or the house. I had the hardest time figuring out what to make and finally found the idea for this plaque with an Easter egg, that says 'Happy Easter'. My plan is to make a similar plaque for each of the holidays, then I can just rotate them throughout the year. Plus there is enough holidays that I won't run out of ideas for quite awhile.

Brenda ended up making a serving dish with an Easter bunny on it and Cheryl made herself a nice big mug for her morning coffee. I can't wait till next Sat when I can pick them up and see how they all turned out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week