One Year Anniversary

My one year anniversary for this blog was 2 days ago, YEAH. It's hard to believe, another year gone by. Life has been busy as usual lately.

My mom is in Seattle she left last Mon and will be back on Thur. She went over for a job interview and to look around at the job and housing market. She has figured out that I wasn't lying to her all along. The job market is no better over there and it is a lot more expensive than it is around here for housing. So it looks like she will be staying around here at least for the foreseeable future. I hope this will finally motivate her to go back to school. We will have to wait and see.

Bug had his 1st play performance on Friday to a sold out audience. He did fabulous! All the kids did. He has been really enjoying this whole thing, though I have been a little burned out. Since May 7th he has had rehearsal every night (except 2) from around 4:30/5:00 until 9:30/10:00 at night, all the way through the 15th. Then he has had performances on Friday (5:30-10), Sat & Sun (11:30-4), then we went to the opening cast party on Sun from 4:30 -6. He will have rehearsal tonight from 6:45-9 and then 2 performances tomorrow from 8:30 till around 2. Then we will have a 2 day break. Then he will have 9 more performances through the 8th of June.

The only downer for this weekend is that I didn't think about making sure people were there to see him. I work in the green room so I don't actually get to see the performances. So Thur night as we are heading home talking about the next day's performance, he is talking about how he is going to be "our little star, but not the star of the show" (that of course is Annie, who I think he has a little crush on). Also how grandma is going to be cheering from the audience, so I reminded him that grandma is out of town and he bursts in to tears going on and on about how grandma said she would be there. At this point I realized my blunder in not making sure there would be people in the audience to see him but the shows all weekend are already sold out. So I told him grandma would see the most important performance which is the final one and that mollified him some what. I have to say though I felt SO bad on Fri after the show, watching all the other kids get congratulated from their friends and family and knowing that no one had been there to see Bug. Also after the show the kids go out in the entrance area and sign autographs. Bug had no idea why he was out there and of course no one asked him for his autograph but he didn't seem to mind and he did go and get Annie's autograph, which he thought was very cool.

But everything worked itself out on Sat. I had to work Sat, so uncle Martin went and sat in the green room with him. My 2nd to last client of the day canceled, so I called my last client to let her know that she could come in early if she wanted to. So around 2:30 she calls me to say she is watching this play "Annie" and that they are just at intermission and she is not going to be able to make it to her appt. either and how sorry she is. So I told her "Oh you are at my son's play" and if you want to make it up to me at the end when they go out for autographs please ask him for his. Also since she was my last client I was able to head out and catch the tail end of the play. I went and found Bug afterwards and told him how great he did, then she came over and told him and then asked for his autograph. It was so cute after he figured out that that was what we were out there for, he got so excited. Then he just went up to everyone and said "you want my autograph?" Of course who can say no to that, so he stayed out there until the very end tracking down people to give them his autograph. It was very cute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week