Disappointing news today.

My mom who has been living with us for almost 3 years now, has had a really hard time finding a job around here. She finally got hired on with Premera and we thought "yeah, finally a decent job for her, good pay, good benefits." Unfortunately we found out today that she is being let go, so she is headed off to live in the Seattle area, (where my sis lives). I have mixed emotions about this.

1st of all this really sucks, Bug will be so disappointed not to have grandma around to play with. She has always helped us out with babysitting and even helps with his homeschooling.

On the other hand she has been depressed and down for along time, has been unhappy with living over here for quite awhile and put additional stress on my life.

So, although I will be extremely sad to see her go, I do think this will be for the best. I am not in the same place I was when we had her move over here. We had no real friends and nobody around to help us out. Now at least I have friends and a few resources to help with watching Bug.

Also I have been thinking more and more about doing foster care lately, Bug even asked me recently about getting him a sister. I asked him where I was supposed to find her and he told me we could " go to an orphanage, since that is were they keep kids that don't have parents." Unfortunately we have not had the room to do foster care with everyone living here. So maybe this is God's way of telling me it is time to move forward with this. I also recently found out that a friend of mine is going to do the foster to adopt program to adopt a little girl, which I have thought about in the past. So I guess we will see what comes of it all and of course what Blue has to say about it.

Well at least there is one highlight of today. Tonight is Bunco night and I loooovvvve Bunco night, so I can go snack and commiserate with my buddies. I am sure we will have it all worked out by the end of the night and if not at least I will have had a good time.

Comments

Uberly Ewe said…
I am sorry that your mother was let go. I was so shocked to see her at my home yesterday to pick up your little guy. We had just gone down to the park. Was not expecting her tell 5pm. She told me that she didn't have a job anymore and I felt sad for her. Things always work out...and you are probably correct with the thought of finally doing the Foster to Adopt route. If you get this impression it more than likely is correct. BTW...who is your friend who is doing the Foster to Adopt to adopt a girl? Just curious. Also, if you guys do decided to do this, I will be here to vent too if you need to, because going through it myself, some caseworkers can be more challenging than the child. LOL Good luck with all the changes.

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week