Life as I know it..... Stressful

Life has been very hectic since I last blogged. As I mentioned before i am starting a new business. I was planning on staying at my current job for at least the next 9 months, but I am now essentially being pushed out the door and will have to put in my notice on Mon.

To start off I have been thinking for some time that I need to take my (massage) table home, due to wear and tear on it at work and now taking it home on weekends with me, I didn't want it to get ruined. So I sent a dispatch to my boss letting them know that in 3 weeks time I was planning on taking my table home permanently. I had also mentioned wanting to take my table home about three months prior to this. Anyways so 3 weeks go by with no comment from them, so I take my table home. The next day I get a call from my boss saying that they were not getting a new table so I could start working just Tue from now on (that is the day the other LMP is not there so the table they provided him was available. I was just floored. No word for 3 weeks and then this. I went into work that afternoon to try to talk to him about this but he was unable to talk to me so he said he would call me after work.

Around 6:00 he called and I told him I was frustrated that if this was a problem why didn't he just talk to me about it during the 3 weeks prior. He said it didn't matter that due to the holes in my schedule I might as well just work 1 1/2 days then I could be busier. i pointed out to him that this was a huge cut in pay and he said that was OK because at least I would be busier (what a consolation to me). Anyways I decided fine if that how he wants to be I will just live with it and grow my own business quicker and just move on. SO I called over the weekend to find out when I should work on Monday, no call back. SO I called after they opened on Mon and found out that I wasn't working at all that day. So I went in early on Tue to pick up my paycheck and cash it before work, lo and behold no paycheck. (Back story we are supposed to be paid on the 1st and 15th, but if payday falls on a Fri, Sat or Sun we are not paid until 10 min before closing on the following Mon, Tue if it's a holiday). By now it's the 5th, so I go run a couple of errands and cry a few tears before work, I get to work and after some hassle and discussion I get my paycheck. Well they ended up scheduling me a client through my lunch hour, so I didn't get to head out to the bank until 1:30 and of course just to put a cherry on top of my wonderful week, the check bounces. So I run back to work to ask about it and he nonchalantly tells me "oh you can try it again tomorrow".

By this point I am ready to cry again, my husband wants to come down and yell at then (BTW this is not the 1st time my check has bounced in the just under 2 years I have been there I have had at least a dozen checks that bounced, which is why I now cash them at their bank as opposed to depositing them), and telling me I should report them to L&I. I decided after talking to a couple friends (thanks Brenda and Ed) to just calm down and finish out my day. I worked 5 hours today and called twice to check funds on the check to no avail, still no money and today is the 6th, my payday is on the 1st. So between this and the fact that everybody is walking on eggshells around work and my favorite Dr has suddenly gone AWOL has brought me to the decision that I will have to put my notice in on Mon. My assumption is they will fire me immediately but we will see. If I am still unable to cash my check by Friday I will also be forced to file a complaint against them with L&I. Whew!

Well to end this whole mess on a good note (thanks everybody for letting me vent) in my 1st 2 days at my new location I did 350.00 in business not a bad start. I have I think 4-5 people scheduled for Fri and Sat is the Liberty Lake Garge sale, so I will head out there in the AM and then take Cole to his best frined's B-day party that afternoon. Wish me luck on finding good stuff while I'm out there. Who knows maybe I will even find that elusive Step 2 swingwet I have been looking for (see side pic).

Comments

Jennie said…
hi! i found your site through brenda! i totally understand your frustration with jobs... they can be very stressful! best of luck to you in your new business!

thanks for sharing!
Uberly Ewe said…
Once again Alyson I am so so sorry that things have gotten so bad.
I am glad that I was there to be a listening ear for you when you called. I hope it helped.
Things will get better, they have too, but it doesn't make it any easier to be in mist of the situation. I am always here if you need someone to vent too.

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week