Here's to a wonderful week.

This has been a really nice week. Full of mostly fun things.

On Tue Bug had the stomach flu (not a fun thing), but was only sick a few times in the night and then was fine after that. So he laid around and listened to the 3rd harry potter book on cd and I got the tree up and finished the Christmas decorating.

In the evening I went out with some of my MOMS club friends to the Melting Pot for cheese, chocolate and a drink, all of which were very nummy and the conversation wasn't bad either. It's so nice to just sit and chat with the girls.

On Wed night my dear hubby and I went out for a nice date. We weren't up for a movie (our usual date night). So I suggested we go to Twigs and have a drink and visit. Apparently Don has never been to Twigs, unbelievable after living in this town so long. We had a fabulous time, just us, a couple drinks, a nice appetizer and then desert to share and a lot of uninterrupted conversation. We sat and visited for almost 2 hours, and we even managed to spend most of that time NOT talking about the kids. It's nice to know we still have stuff to chat about after all this time.

On Thur I had a great day with my boy. We headed out after Ashley was picked up for her visit and headed to Costco to pick up a few things and then over to his piano lessons. Then we headed downtown and picked up our tickets to the Broadway production of Lion King. Then I took him over to Santa Express and he did all his Christmas shopping. He got his paycheck the other day for the last commercial he did, so he even spent his own hard earned (kind of) money on the gifts. After that we grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed over to watch the show.

The Lion King was exceptional, the animals were wonderful especially the giraffes. If you ever get an opportunity to see this production, GO. I can't say enough great things about it. Bug also loved it, especially the special effects, some blow holes and the scene where the water disappears. It was so much fun to see it with him and not only enjoy it myself, but to watch his excitement. Thank you mom, for such a wonderful Christmas gift.

Today I finally had a very busy day at work, it has been VERY slow at work lately, I used to bill out between 8-12 people a week and lately it's been more like 3-5, not good. Today I did 6 massages back to back, with 2 of them being people who just walked in. It was nice to be so busy it always amazes me how quickly the day goes by when your busy.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow. It is the Santa brunch for Foster/adopt families. I have heard that this event is fabulous. After seeing Ashley's excitement with all things Christmas so far, I think she is going to have a blast tomorrow. There are decorated trees, presents and a visit from Santa, plus of course her favorite thing, food. I'll try to take some pictures of everything and post them later this week.

I hope all of your holiday preparations are going well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week