Almost ready for Christmas


I love Christmas I even love all the hustle and bustle that comes before it. I think I am finally ready for Christmas. But as I type this I remember I still need to do the grocery shopping, so I guess I am almost ready.The house has been a huge mess, but between my cleaning lady and myself it is all pretty much back in order, (except Bug's room which is still a huge mess).

I got some organizing done in Ashley's room, her room is fairly small and we just don't have all the room that I would like for her toys. In Mar I will take a trip to IKEA and get some organizing stuff, but in the meantime I am finding bins and drawers from around the house to put things in. Now that I have got everything from her birthday put away, she is starting to get her Xmas things. She got some art things a backpack and some new Jammies today on her visit and if her birthday was any indication, there will be more things from her family coming throughout the week. It is nice for her that they all remember her and want to give her things, but it's hard to find places to put it. Even as I sit here we are waiting for her social worker to stop by with some more gifts and things that the family dropped off there for her.


Anyways it has been a fun week. We had our MOMS club adult Xmas party last Sat night. It's always fun to get to meet the other moms spouses and we had a fun get to know you game where we gave the host an interesting fact about each of us then we went around and tried to figure out who it was.

I also sold tickets for out annual Toys 4 Tots raffle baskets. One of the gals in our group did a great job getting the stuff and putting the baskets together (thanks Gabi), but was unable to sell the tickets and be at the presentation, so I took over for her. We also did a fun gift exchange Don got some raffle basket tickets and I got a Starbucks card.
On Monday we had our MOMS club kids Xmas party. I was very pleased with how it went and hope everybody had a good time. Brenda and I are the party planning committee for our group and with our Xmas committee (thanks Becky) planned out the kids party. We had it at our friend Meegans church and it was a great location for it. It was a brunch and we had games and crafts for the kids, a visit from Santa Clause plus gave a way the baskets from our T4T raffle. One of the Marines came to accept the money that we made, take pictures with the kids and he even pulled out the winning tickets as an impartial judge.

Bug won the 1st basket which had a bunch of school/art supplies and some bubble bath and skittles in it. We had 9 baskets in all, 2 of which were VERY popular. 1 was a pampering basket and had a 50.00 gift card to Spa Paradiso and a 50.00 gift to another spa plus a bunch of pampering things (comfy socks, bath salts, etc.). The other big one had 4 tickets to a hockey game, 4 tickets to the Woodland park zoo and 2 25.00 gift certificates to Fred Meyer and Target. My friend Michelle won the Pampering basket and I won the Fun basket (did I mention the impartial judge). I was so excited, I left it for the last one to call and figured I didn't have a chance after calling out the other 8 baskets.

I can't wait for our next trip to Seattle, Ashley is going to love the Woodland Park Zoo. Well I guess I better get Ashley over to daycare so I can get to work. Happy Holiday and a Merry Christmas to you all.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week