Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I have had a really nice mother's day this year. My son is now old enough to understand the significance to the day. His mantra for the day was "it's your special day". He started the day by making me breakfast (a big bowl of fruit loops) and even shared his own breakfast with me when he poured too much. Then we headed off to church, where he let me choose if he would get to go to class (like he wanted) or go to service with me because "it was my special day," I let him go to class.

Then we headed home and picked up Grandma and headed to a restaurant for Champagne Brunch our treat for her every year (Don met us there). Bug helped me pick out food and waited with me in line because "it was my special day." After a delicious brunch we went for a walk along the river trail, then Don headed back to work and we headed home.

At home Bug gave me my presents 1st was a vase of flowers (colorful daisies) from him and grandma, 2nd was a homemade kite, that says "I love mom" and 3rd was a potted plant and he had personally painted the pot for me, along with a home made card that says "mom i wish you a hapee muthrs dae" and has 2 flowers on it. We spent the after noon relaxing a round the house, we read some of the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and he let me watch a movie while he entertained himself.

For bedtime he read me a story called Mommy's Special Day. It was a wonderful day antime i asked him to do something he would say alright because "it's your special day," and it really was.

Thank you Bug for making this the most special Mother's Day yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week