Fun Day

Today was an especially fun day with my boy. We got up and got dressed and headed out to Break Away a gathering for moms at my church. Just as we were leaving Bug saw the post man and asked me to go grab the mail from him, he has been waiting for his paycheck from the commercial he did last month. So I ran out and grabbed it and lo and behold there was his paycheck, he was so excited to finally get it.


So then we headed out to church, which is always a nice time of eating and chatting, afterwards Bug wanted to go play in the big grassy area out in front of our Church, so I hung out in the car to read a magazine for a bit. It was a really windy day out and I suddenly remembered that I had a kite in the trunk. So Bug and I spent about an hour flying the kite.
Bug flying his kite.

Then we remembered his check and we headed to the bank for him to deposit it. I like him to do as much as possible, so I had him sign his check and take it up to the counter and tell them how much he wanted in savings and how much cash he wanted. They thought he was so cute so I told them this was his 1st paycheck he was cashing and he got to tell them all about his commercial. He had already decided that he wanted to use his money to buy a new Didj, I had found one on sale a couple of weeks ago and picked it up for him until he got his paycheck. So when we got home he gave me 35.00 and he got his brand new Didj, which he then spent the afternoon playing.

In the evening we headed to our church to see a concert put on by the man who makes up all the songs for Lifeway VBS. It was a lot of fun, everybody was up singing and dancing along. All the kids got to go up on stage and sing along. Then he went around and asked to kids to recite any bible verses they knew. Bug raised his hand and I thought this should be interesting since I couldn't think of any particular verses that he knew so I was quite surprised when he said "whoever serves me, must follow me" but he couldn't remember where in the bible it was. I was very impressed, most of the kids quoted John 3:16. He then went on to tell the kids what kind of life they would lead based on the verse they knew. All the John 3:16 kids where going to preach the Gospel, he said Bug would be a devoted follower of the Lord. I hope he is right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week