Welcome to twenty-thirteen!

New Years eve was fun, Bug had his buddy E spend the night and we had a 3 course fondue dinner and watched the MIB trilogy to bring in the New Year. I really feel that this is going to be a great year for my family. I don't have any specific reason to say that other then that I will graduate in June and hopefully be starting my new career, shortly after. I just have a good feeling. Life has been good, not easy, but good.

Don has been getting more and more involved in Church, in fact, he is heading out for a missions trip to Africa in about 6 weeks and I'm so excited to see what God has in store for him during this trip. Also my church is hosting one of my favorite Christian studies called The Truth Project, starting next Wed. I went through this study many years ago at my old church, (I believe even before I became a Christian) and got so much out of it. I am excited to go through it again with this whole new perspective in my life.

The kiddos are good, no new news about Sweetpea, she has a court date coming up and maybe we will learn more at that time. Bug is still homeschooling and doing well. I don't know if I have mentioned it before but he has real difficulty with writing, when he was little I just thought that he didn't enjoy is but as he has gotten older I have seen what a battle it is for him. He is very intelligent and is a fabulous story teller, but somehow trying to get things from his brain down onto the paper is just a real struggle for him. So I have requested help from the school district and they should be doing an assessment with him by the end of the month, so that hopefully we will have some answers. Then we can formulate a game plan and move forward to help him as much as we can. I anticipate that some of the help will improve what he is doing and how he is doing it, but I also think some of the help will come in the form of accommodations. That is a little hard for me to know that we may not be able to just fix his problems, that we may have to accommodate his world to fit him better. I suppose that is part of the joy of homeschooling, that we can change and adapt things to help him be his most successful self.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week