So far, so good!

As the title says "so far, so good" on both the organization and the new kid front. Story is still with us and has been adjusting fairly well. It is definitely harder having an older child, when they are younger you can pretty easily distract them from their sadness, not so much when they are older. Thankfully she will be having a visit with her daddy this week, so hopefully that will make her feel better. Other then missing her parents, she is doing well. She seems to enjoy the daycare that we have her at and her and Sweetpea are still doing well with having to share everything. I did figure out something that made me sad this week though, she has no concept of how to play board games. Sweetpea loves to play games and we have been playing them with her since she was 3, so she totally understands, how to play, what is expected and even how to count out her spaces (most of the time). Unfortunately Story understands none of these concepts, Sweetpea want to play games with her, but she has to spend so much time showing her how to play, that she generally gives up and asks either Bug or I to come play instead. In fact it seems like Sweetpea is the older of the two most of the time, she likes to treat Story more like a little sister. She seems to have a bit of 'learned helplessness', so Sweetpea opens the car door and does her buckle and makes her breakfast for her. It's an interesting dynamic and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

As for Bug's new schedule, it has been working well so far, he added a few elements to it, to make it more fun for himself. So when he finishes a schedule, (he has three of them), he earns a token which is good for 1/2 an hour of screen time. Also if he finishes all of his duties in a day, he gets a sticker and when he earns 10 stickers he gets to go on a date with me.

Speaking of dates, I went on a wonderful date with my hubby the other day. He took me out to my favorite restaurant, the Melting Pot, for dinner and then we did a little shopping and went out for a drink together. It was very nice, we were able to talk and relax and just reconnect. With him leaving in a few weeks for his mission trip to Africa, we need as much date time as we can fit in. With that in mind I bought tickets for us to go see Rascal Flatts and the Band Perry on Thur. It was actually a Groupon deal, so I couldn't resist, it was only like 35.00 a ticket, a far sight better then the usual price and I love Rascal Flatts so I am super excited. Now I just have to get through 3 days of school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

Aahhh, calm at last...(somewhat)