Black Friday

Today was a long day. I made sure to get the ads yesterday and spent the evening pouring through them to decide what stores I needed to hit and what things to get. I narrowed it down to 3 stores to start at: Circuit City, Best Buy and Office Depot. The main thing I was looking for is a laptop for my nephew for his Christmas, Birthday, Graduation gift. He will be heading off for college and you can't do college these days without some kind of computer.

So anyways after everyone went home yesterday Blue and I watched a show than I headed to be around 9 and got up at 12 (yes that is 12 midnight) and headed out the door. I 1st ran over to Office Depot where there were about 6-10 people in line already, so I decided to go check out Best Buy and drove by Circuit City along the way (where there was no body in line). At Best Buy there were already about 100 people in line, they had tents and chairs and had obviously started coming sometime quite early in the day.

So I debated between the other 2 and decided that Circuit City would be my best bet since there was no one in line and they open an hour earlier that Office Depot. By the time I got back there another car had pulled in and I ended up being 2nd in line behind a mother/daughter. I got out my chair, blanket and DVD player and started to commence the waiting. Unfortunately my DVD battery started to die, so the mom in front of me suggested charging it in my car. Since no body else was there yet I decided to take her up on her suggestion. So I ended up getting to sit in my car until 3am, other cars started coming before then but nobody bothered to get out of there cars. Then at 3 one person got out, so everybody else got out and made a run for it. So I gathered my stuff and headed back over to my chair and back to 2nd in line.

It ended up being a pretty mellow wait, I think the rumors about Circuit City closing scared off a lot of people, because by 4:00 (an hour before opening), there was only about 30 people in line, usually when I get there at 3:00am there is already a couple hundred in line. Around 4:30 people started showing up and by the time they opened at 5 there was at least 150. It was nice they came out with the door buster tickets around 4:30 and I easily got the one for the laptop I wanted. I ended up getting in and out with my laptop and all my other stuff by 5:30.

I then headed over to Shopco and picked up my moms gift and a gift for Bug and then went to Target I hate black Friday shopping at Target, there lines are ridiculous and the people are worse. I was only looking to see if they had this digital camera for Bug and my friend Brenda's little boy. They were all out of course but for some reason they were giving out rain checks for them. So I grabbed one and I kept saying to myself "I am not standing in that awful line just to get a rain check. Luckily I didn't have to. I ended up walking up to the customer service desk at the front of the store and they printed it out for me without ever having to stand in line. So hopefully they will get 2 in between now and Xmas and Bug and Brenda's boy will have their new Digital cameras.

The morning went smoothly and I was back home and asleep on the couch by 7:30 in the morning. But with only 3 hours of sleep to go on, it still felt like a really long day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week