Our little pianist.

Today we went to Break-away at our Church this morning, it is a once-a-month gathering for moms. We talk about marriage, and raising children and just all the things we go through as moms. My friend Brenda and her 2 little ones even joined us. It was a very interesting session. We talked about marriage myths: like marriage will make me happy or feel completed, or fill something that is missing from my life. I loved some of the things that the speaker said, like thinking (of your spouse) why are you not "normal" like me. Everybody comes into a marriage with their own version of "normal" and it can be difficult at times to merge those 2 versions into 1. It was a very eye opening discussion for me. It was especially nice to have Brenda there with me as we already talk about marriage and all it ups and downs.

Anyway in the afternoon Bug had his 3rd piano lesson. I have been thinking about calling it quits and trying again when he is a little older. He didn't seem to be getting much out of it and we are looking for ways to cut back on our budget. But after today we are going to keep with it. He just really seemed to be getting it today and not struggling so much with what she is trying to show him. He really loves the idea of learning a real instrument and can't wait until he is learning actual songs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week