Updates

Life is good. But very busy. I am still working 2 jobs, unfortunately the 2nd one hasn't picked up like I hoped it would. I keep going back and forth on whether I should stay with it or not, I'm still only doing 5-8 massages a week so the paychecks pretty much suck. But I figure every penny helps, especially right before Xmas. So at this point I think I will stick it out. I guess I will re-eval in January.

My hubby Blue is also working 2 jobs right now, he has a friend that runs a muffler shop and he has been having a hard time with employees lately and since Blue was always there helping out anyway they have decided to pay him for his time, it's not much but as I said every penny helps.

We had a fabulous time over in Seattle for Halloween, usually when we go there we are so rushed, but this time we went for an entire week. We had time to see all of our friends and family, go to NW Trek (It's like a zoo, where the animals roam free) and the Pacific Science center. It was wonderful and of course we went trick or treating in the same neighborhood that we have every year since Bug was 1, he had a great time and of course got quite a haul. He even helped me go through the candy to make sure it was safe, I told him what to look for and he was even pickier than I am. There was a few things that i would have let slide but he said "no mommy, they're loose" (the wrappers), so out they went.

Also after our trip Bug decided to drop the Montessori and do some sort of sport instead. We have been having a few problems with the school since the beginning nothing big, just stupid stuff. Basically it all came down to the fact that we home school and were just sending him there for some socialization. I would ask him everyday what did you do today and who did you play with and the answer was generally nothing and no one. So I asked the teacher about it and she said he was pretty independent and played by himself, so I talked to bug about it and told him he could leave if he wanted and do something else instead. So he has done a gymnastics class and is going to try a ice skating class today and soon it will be time for skiing.

Homeschooling is going great, bug is excelling in all of his classes and is now reading quite well. In the curriculum he is supposed to be on the 2nd reader but he read me a story from the 4th book last night and while we were on our vacation I handed him one of his friends 1st grade readers and he was able to read that with no problems. I am just so proud of him, the only down side it last summer we promised him a dog when he learned to read so I guess I need to get out and look around at dogs. Maybe we will give him one for Xmas.

Bug is also in our Church's kids choir and will be in their show on the 12th of next month, he is so excited about this and practices his songs at the most random times. I have been staying away from the practices, so that I will be surprised when I see the actual show. Our church is also having a big family Thanksgiving celebration this coming Tue that should be a ton of fun. We are also going to be putting on a very elaborate living nativity in Dec with 6 different scenes with real animals and everything, so bug and I are going to be in the city of Bethlehem scene, he is very excited.

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a week away, where did the year go? We have had a nice surprise this week though. Blue's mom, sister and niece (who we had never met) came over to visit yesterday. It was good that bug got to see them as he was only 22 months when he last saw them and has no memory of it. His mom is supposed to come by at some point today to go through pictures and such, so I guess I better go so I start organizing them. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

Comments

Uberly Ewe said…
Thanks for the update!!!
Can't wait to see you on Saturday so I can hear more about the reading that Bug has been doing...how FUN!!!!
:)

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week