Thanks for Thanksgiving

Can you believe it is already the week of Thanksgiving? I am so excited! I will be hosting this year, we will have my mom and uncle (who both live with us), my cousin who doesn't have her boys this year and my friend Brenda and her family. So there will be 9 of us. I love hosting things but always worry about things going smoothly.

We will be having the "traditional things:" turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, yams, fruit salad, rolls and a crudite plate. It's funny though you ask people what they are having and they always answer "the traditional things" but if you get them to really give you an answer their traditional things are always a little different then yours. But everybody just assumes that what is traditional for their family is the same with everybody else. When I was a teenager I always loved going to other people's houses for Thanksgiving, not only because there was never anyone home at our house but it was always just fascinating to see what different people were having: green bean casseroles, squash, greens, tons of different kinds of stuffing, pecan pie and all the other 'traditional' things I had never seen.

When I was very young we would get together for these huge meals with all my extended family: aunts, uncles, cousins and such. There was more food than anyone could think of eating, tons of deserts and lots of kids to run around with. I think these memories are why I am so excited that my Church decided to host a big Thanksgiving meal this year. I go to a church with over 600 people and they are holding dinner at a large gathering hall, I guess I am hoping it will be reminiscent of those meals long ago with tons of food especially the deserts and lots of kids for Bug to run around and have a good time with just like I did when I was his age. Hopefully my expectations aren't too much.

Cross your fingers for me that my own endeavor goes well. Also let me know what the traditional things in your family are. Have a Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Comments

Uberly Ewe said…
Can't wait to see you on Thanksgiving....
Thanks again for inviting us.
Also, it was fun to chat with you today.

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week