Football & Fair Day

Bug had his 2nd football game of the season today. He is playing upwards flag football, he enjoys it but as with most sports he drives his dad and I nuts. He gets out there and dances and plays around while the game is going on. The boy with the ball could run right by him and he would never even notice. But I guess we should be thankful he is a good sport and always cheers on his team and is having fun. He has 2 boys on his team that do especially well, one is the shortest boy on the team, but he runs like the wind and the other one must be close in age to Bug and really does a good job of keeping his head in the game.

I ended up going to talk to one of the league officials today, Upwards has a lot of very specific rules especially about rotation of players and making sure all the kids have equal playing time. Well at the last game Bug was supposed to be a starter and the 1st thing the coach does is sit him out, so I thought well that is strange but just let it go, then I figured out that the coach was sitting him out every time they were on defense, he ended up not playing defense the entire game.

So when I got there today I went and found one of their special rule books and looked it up to see if I had it wrong. I found out the coach had been in error, but had planned to just let it go. Then they went through the lineup and Bug was a starter again (you move up each week in the rotation, so last week he was number 5 of 6 and this week he was in position 4), so the 1st thing the coach does is sit him out again. So I headed back up to the main area to check the rule book and see if I missed something. As I was checking out the book a league official was standing by me so I asked him about it and he said that was not the way it should go. So I gave him the details figuring he could go talk to the coach later to better explain the rotation, but he ended up going out with the coach there in the middle of the game and showing him how he was supposed to be doing. I felt kind of bad at 1st but it wasn't only my boy who sat out on all the defensive plays last game, or who was sat down when he should have started, so I figure it's better to get it fixed now and enjoy the rest of the season.

So after the game we headed over to the fair. Don hurt his foot a couple of weeks ago at work and is still on crutches, so I went and rented a wheel chair to push him around in. We started out by grabbing some lunch, then Bug went and rode the rides, then we looked through most of the sellers booths. By then Don's foot was hurting him pretty bad, so he headed home. Bug and I continued to have a great time, riding rides and looking around. We even caught a hypnotist's show, which totally fascinated Bug. We missed the part where he hypnotized the people and Bug kept asking me how it worked and how to hypnotize people. I tried to explain it to him but never did come up with an answer that totally satisfied him. So we went back at the end of the night and caught the 8:30 show. We got to see him hypnotize the people, but didn't get to watch the whole show because Don had come back by then to pick us up.

Bug did discover that he has a new favorite ride now though. It is the graviton, you know the one that is shaped like and space ship and you are closed inside standing against these panels against the wall and as they spin it the panels lift up and your feet leave the ground and it fells like your sitting in the air. He loved it and wanted to ride it "a bazillion" times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the fair.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good gift frenzy.

No Bug for the week